WALKERS – MORNING PROCEDURE – Crosswalk is at the corner of 6th and Beech St.
· There will be a crossing guard at the crosswalk from 7:40 – 8:00 AM.
· Students (and parents) should meet at the crosswalk and wait until directed to cross the street.
· Walkers are not allowed to cross the street early or before/after the crossing guard is on duty.
WALKERS – AFTERNOON PROCEDURE – Crosswalk is at the corner of 6th and Beech St.
· At the end of the day, walkers will be dismissed to the school library.
· Students will be escorted from the library to the back door of the school, where the crossing
guard will meet and escort them to the crosswalk.
· Parents should meet students at the crosswalk.
CAR RIDERS – MORNING PROCEDURE
- Supervision is not provided for students until 7:50 AM. Please do not drop off students before that time.
- PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE DURING DROP OFF.
- Cars enter at the north entrance in a SINGLE LINE along the curb. Please pull car as far forward as possible. Students need to remain in their car.
- At 7:50 a staff member will open the doors. At that time, cars parked along the curb can have students leave their car, unloading from the passenger side. Please be patient and wait for the car in front of you to finish dropping off students and leave.
- Remain in line and do not attempt to pass other cars in line.
- If you need to enter the school with the child, please park in the parking lot and accompany the child to the building. Please do not leave cars unattended by the curb or allow students to cross traffic without adult supervision
CAR RIDERS – AFTERNOON PROCEDURE
- At the end of the day, car riders will be dismissed to the school library.
- Students will be escorted from the library to the front door of the school.
- PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE DURING PICKUP TIME.
- Cars enter at the north entrance and form a single line along the curb. Please pull car as far forward as possible in order to keep the line moving as the children are loaded.
- If you need to meet your child inside, please park in the parking lot and enter the school. Do not leave cars unattended curbside.
- Students will be loaded into cars on the passenger side.
- Please be patient while the cars in front of you load students and leave. Cars should remain in line do not attempt to pass other cars in line.
- Parents parking in the parking lot must walk over to pick up their student in front of the school. The staff members supervising will not allow students to cross into the parking lot or the street without an adult.
Reminders: If using the front parking lot, please observe entering it from the north and exiting one-way to the south.
When exiting the school grounds, be sure to observe the left turn onto 6th Street.